Tuesday 3 April 2012

Printed and Embellished Surfaces

The lasts university assignment I had to complete was, printed and embellished surfaces. I really enjoyed this assignment cause I love embroidery and all things stitch. Also loved learning new skills when it came to printing, it has become one of my strongest skills. I was a lot of hard work but I am pleased with final pieces and the grade I was given. I loved experimenting with this project, dying my own fabrics and coming up with layouts.

Pictures of my screen in two parts, I used this to print with. Examples of my printing:















I used pigment, foiling, expandex and minor foam to create these prints as well as my own hand dyed fabric.
Examples of Embellished work:



With the embellished pieces, the task was to make pieces that looked like drawings I had drawn in previous assignments. I think I did a really good job with theses and I am really pleased with them

No comments:

Post a Comment