Monday 28 March 2011

Rag Dolls

I got very bored over the Christmas holidays, and after being bought a new sewing machine, I decided to make rag dolls. This is the first one I made and now have a collection of five. Obviously this being the first one it isn't the best, however it is my favourite. My inspiration came from my little sister wanting a Lala Loopsy doll, a very unique rag doll toy, looking very much like a character from Tim Burton's Coraline. So I decided to use that type of creepy, yet cute look for my dolls, hence the button eyes and over exeggrated features. I also make the outfits for the dolls. After improving my skills and techniques I am now making them to sell. So let me know if you would like one. I make them to look like the person they are for. This one is meant to look like me when I was a child. I have made them for friends and family and I am in the process of making a Batman one for my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment